Image Map

Friday, November 14, 2008

Five

It’s so true what they say ya know. “As soon as your realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” I waited for my now husband, for too many years to ask me to marry him. When he finally did, I couldn’t make plans fast enough for us to get married. He proposed on Tuesday November 4th 2003. We were married exactly ten days later on Friday November 14th, 2003. My dress was a long white prom dress w/spaghetti straps picked up from (wait for this, are you ready……) Fashion Bug. It fit me perfectly, and the moment I saw it I knew it was my dress. I borrowed my jewelry, shoes and hair pins from three of my very best friends.
We got married at our local courthouse & I remember crying all the way there – blasting Bon Jovi’s “Bed of Roses” - because you know if there's any man I love as much or close to my husband it's Jon. Looking back now, I realize I was such an emotional mess not so much because I was scared, but because I was happy - so incredibly happy to be spending the rest of my life with him.
Marriage hasn't been easy, we've had tough times & dealt with things that no one should ever have to deal with but we've done it together & I couldn't imagine my life without him. It's an amazing feeling to have love and be loved & to know that no matter what happens, you always have someone in your corner cheering you on. So here's to the last five years, with hopes of many, many more to come. Happy Anniversary, Captain. I love you!!

3 comments:

michelle said...

awwww.. so AWESOME!!! happy anniversary!!!!!!!

kimmyk said...

aww happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

Sosiesmama721 said...

Michelle - thanks!! did you get your mexican yet??

kimmyk - thanks lady!! hope all is well :)