Thursday, March 26, 2009
1) Homemade bananna bread - delish
2) New Gossip Girl episodes 2 weeks in a row (Blair Waldorf how I love you!)
3) Random text messages from my bff just to say "I love you" just what I needed on a dreary Thursday
4) Jason Mraz - I could listen to him until I die, that voice - it's simply heaven
5) A weekend filled to the max, I am so blessed to have great family and friends, I may complain sometimes about being too busy - but secretly I wouldn't change it for the world
I'm sorry to the maybe 3 of you who read, that I haven't been posting as regularly....work has been crazy to put it well, nicely and by the time I get home the last thing I wanna do is turn on the computer. I'm sorry - hopefully soon things will slow down, for now - some thoughts running around in my head bullet point edition:
- I just finished Eclipse (the third book in the Twlight series) and ummmm, I loved it. I can't wait to start the 4th and last book tomorrow.
- Speaking of Twlight, hello - have you watched the movie yet? I finally forced the H to sit down and watch it with me last weekend and well, I sorta loved it. I mean, there were definitely parts that could have been better - I thought they left A LOT of the book out, but I guess that's what happens when transitioning from a book that's 600 pages to a two hour movie.
- My birthday month starts in a couple days. Yep that's right I said birthday MONTH. Some people get a day, I like a whole month. This year is the big 3-0. I usually don't make a big fuss out of my bday but this year I thought it would be nice to get all my friends together (husband's included) and go out to dinner. That's all. Good friends, good food, maybe a few drinks. Nothing big. One of my bff's - thinks this is too lowkey. For MY bday. Thinks we should have a big blowout. I can't get her to understand, that for me - it's just not my style. Is that wrong??
- I came home to no hot water tonight. Do you know what it's like to schlep to NYC in the rain and come home and have to take a cold shower?? It sucks balls.
- I need some new tunes for my zune, as much as I like Kelly Clarkson's new cd, I can't possibly listen to it one more time. Suggestions anyone??
- I really want to see the new Hannah Montana movie. Don't laugh. Please, just don't.
- I can't get into American Idol this season, sad to say but I'm kinda over it.
- Is anyone else sick of March madness? It's consuming my life right now - really what tournament do you know that takes a whole month?? Urgh.
- gossip girl this week.....posed a question if you could know everything that would happen in the future would you want to? I've been thinking about this a lot and the answer is, well no. Even though I'm the girl that searches out spoilers & still watches anyway, I don't think I would want to know where this life was going to lead, kinda takes the fun out of it don't ya think??
So that's all I got right now, hopefully soon I will have a normal schedule and not be so scatter brained, until then - g'night loves.
Monday, March 23, 2009
- Friday night date night with my sil and the little guy, who I can't stop gushing over
- Breakfast with a good friend Saturday morning and then a lunch date with my sil (yes, I was gluttonus what can I say!)
- Saturday night date night with myself, seriously every girl should have one of those. Caught up on Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, General Hospital and Oprah - you know all the shows that your hubby goes "over my dead body I am not watching that". Although, my husband has been known to watch an Oprah or two here and there.
- Lazy Sunday, in my jammies laying on the couch all day watching Grey's, ER, Castle and Private Practice - oh and ended it with Twilight on dvd. For the record, I loved it....I'm not gonna lie, it was a little cheesy in certain parts but I loved it. Yes, I'm a geek I know.
- Sleeping in until 9:00 this morning, reading & reading & yes, some more reading (the third book in the twilight series - Eclipse)
Things that did not make me happy over the last three days: waiting for three hours today at the doctor's with the H - THREE HOURS. One doctor, 5 people with appointments at 11:30 (including ours) why, WHY do they schedule patient on top of patient?? Anyway, we are finally home, I'm baking banana bread and laying low. Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow; wishing every weekend could be three days long.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Here are a few examples:
We used to have an arsenal of gossip and fashion magazines to read for our commute home. She's not interested anymore in the goings on of Brad and Angie & Jen and John.
Now, you wanna know what she reads? The Wall Street Journal. Are you for real? Last time I checked, we don't work on Wall Street.
Also, I was never "allowed' to wear perfume on our commute together, because it bothered her allergies and she couldn't "stand" the smell of fragrances. Now girlfriend is dropping hundreds of dollars on Chanel fragrances because her guy likes em.
Today, she went on a shopping spree & spent an un-GODLY amount of money on new clothes because "I have to look great for him, ya know it's an investment in my dating life". Really?? Because I've always felt like, if he likes you - I mean really likes you - it's for you. Not what you think he wants you to be, but for you.
I mean am I wrong? Am I just that removed from the dating scene? Because ya know, it has been awhile. Tell me your thoughts. What part of yourself would you be willing to compromise for your relationship?