Image Map

Monday, May 4, 2009

Weeks Endings

Tonight (or actually tomorrow morning) officially marks the END of my birthday week. I had such a great week, I feel like I'm floating on air. Friday night I met up with some friends for happy hour @ On the Border. Half price appetizers and $3 margaritas makes for a fun night!



Isabel, Me and Beena


Isabel, Me and Tammy







Beena & I have been friends for wow...almost 12 years. She is the only "friend" I can get in knock out, drag out, throwing things at each other kinda fights and still talk to the next day. She's taught me to stand up for myself, hold my own if you will. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it.

Oh and for the record, the above pictures were taken before the great margarita dibacle of 2009 kicked in.

Just a piece of advice, don’t drink 4 (or was it 5??) margaritas on an empty stomach & then think you are going to make it out of the parking lot standing up. All I’m saying is, I owe Beena a carwash. I haven't done that in at least 6 years, if not longer. First sign, that I am getting old. Anyway, after I blessed her pretty little car, I felt fine - but was ready to go home. Wanted to get home early, so I could be well rested for my girlie day with Dannielle.

We had an appointment with Dana, who Dannielle and I are both in love with. She really does give good hair!! Love her. I was going to get my normal, just a trim shoulder length with side swiped bangs cut & Dannielle ended up finding a style in a book and said "oh, what do you think about this one?". It was a little shorter than I thought I wanted, but I have to say I LOVE IT! It's so cute and easy to manage. Danni decided on going super short, I'm not gonna lie at first I was a little worried about her, I kept thinking "Oh my God, what if she hates it? Oh no!!" BUT, she didn't. She loved it, and she looked absolutely adorable.


Saturday night, we did dinner with family and friends. The h wanted to do a big blowout party, but being in a recession and all - we thought it wasn't such a good idea. Instead we decided to dinner @ The Olive Garden, don't laugh. It's nothing fancy, but it was what I wanted. Lowkey and simple - and that's exactly what it was.





Me and Dannielle -
I can't even tell you what it meant for me to have Dannielle with me, by my side Saturday night. She's been going through a rough time as of late, you can read all about it here. Dannielle's my hero, the strongest most bravest woman I know - which she learned from the best. Her friendship is one of my most cherished possesions & without her, I don't think I would be half the woman I am today, and I truly mean that. I always felt I was missing something, missing a mom, missing a family, missing where I came from. But not anymore, and it's hugely in part because of her. So thank you, although - I didn't think that'll ever be good enough.

Heather & I - talk about overachiever....I'm so proud of this kid, she is going to school full time (Elementary Ed w/a a double minor in Spec Ed and Pyschology, miss smarty pants!!), working full time, and Student teaching so many hours a semester. She never stops. She knows what she wants and goes for it, full speed ahead. She drives me bonkers at time, but I love her beyond words. Beena and I - this week is her birthday week, Saturday night we are heading to a columbian restaurant on Philly called Alma De Cuba. Should be interesting, but I wouldn't miss it.

Beena and her hubby Eric, he was the one on the motorcycle accident a few months back. He's just now getting back to normal. So glad that he was able to make it, and so glad he is getting things back together.

Two of my very best friends, Amy and Kelly who also happen to be sisters.


Shannon and her BF Rick. Shannon was my very first friend @ the job I'm currently at. She trained me, and taught me pretty much everything I know. She's the sweetest girl, you'll ever meet - I'm so glad she's finally found her prince after so many frogs!!

Mama Pat. The kindhearted, funny, make you pee your pants laughing so hard mom that I never really had. She would do anything for anyone , she has a heart the size of Texas and a laugh that is contagious. There were times when we would just look at each other and laugh uncontrollable for one seemed like hours until we were crying! She truly is a gem, one of a kind & a beautiful person.


Heather and Little Paul - you know I never realized until this picture, HOW much they look alike. Wow! What a lot of people don't know about LP is he has THE best sense of humor ever! He can make anyone laugh, and he has the best personality of just about anyone I know when he lets his guard down, not to mention he is a WIZ with computers and electronics - SO smart that kid! I swear I think he could be the next Bill Gates!! I stuck him next to Pat because I figured they would get a long great. She emailed me tonight to tell me she's in love with him, so I guess it worked.

My second most favoritist guy in the universe, yes sorry love - you got demoted by a cute little red headed boy, who happens to be my #1. But somehow I think you'll survive. There are no words, that would possibly be fitting for me to describe how much I love the H. Even when he makes funny faces like this and screams at me over wet towels, I still can't help but think I hit the jackpot.


Ian (or actually his mama!!) got his aunt bebe a massage!! I've never, ever had a massage, can you beleive it?? I cannot WAIT to go. Dannielle, we have a date really soon!! Such a thoughtful gift!!


Amy bought me the prettiest pendant, that has some really nice words written on it (which for the LIFE of me I can't remember), it was absolutely beautiful. And some snazzy notecards too! Can't wait to start sending out snail mail!!




That's my "awwwww" face, can you tell?? HA! Miss Kelly got me Chelsea Handler's new book, a beautiful inscribed bookmark that she had personalized from "Things to remember". It says "It takes a long time to grow old friends, love Kelly". Perfect!! I can't wait to use it.


Shannon, what a doll......got me the prettiest coziest scarfs. How did she know I've been on a scarf kick lately?? Love em!!


Pat, knowing my love of all things pictures, got me a snazzy digital picture frame. She said "So you can remember your 30th birthday". What a gem.





Being a goof towards the end of the night, someone yelled out for me to make "my angry face"......well, if you know me, you know I don't really do angry - so this is as good as it gets. Funny huh???


Completely overwhelmed, feeling so much love - after a long week. This was probably one of the best birthday's I've ever had. Amazing friends, my family - I know I keep saying it but life is good, in fact - it couldn't be better. Sorry for being such a sap tonight, I would blame it on PMS but I would be lying, and well that's just not cool.

No comments: