Image Map

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day




For a really long time, Mother's Day has been just another holiday in our family.

It's a day we all kind of avoided - The H's mom passed away 8 years ago & it was devasting to our family. Holiday's definitely took on a new meaning after she passed, but this year - it's my SIL Dannielle's first official mother's day and I couldn't be happier or more excited for her. This morning we're having her and her husband, the babe of course and grandmom over for breakfast. I'm actually really looking forward to it, so is the H - to see his sister in this new light, as a mom is pretty amazing for him. I think it's also helped to heal, a little bit of the pain he's had in loosing his mom. It sounds cheesy, but I feel like there's a new ray of light in our family, all in the form of this perfect little red headed baby boy!
So happy mother's day out there to all you mom's, I hope today is filled with lots of laugh & memories to last a lifetime!

No comments: