Image Map

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baby Fever


Image Via

Maybe it’s the fact that a few of my good friends are newly expecting babies, and a few others are talking about expanding – but this last month I’ve come down with THE fever – yep: BABY FEVER!

So much so that I had a dream the other night that I was pregnant again. It was another girl. An emergency c-section was in order. The doctors couldn’t find the H. It was wildly vivid. And then I woke up.

But as often as I get the urge for another baby, I just don’t think it’s happening. And that’s ok. That doesn’t mean it’s not something that I still struggle with.

I’d love nothing more than to have a bunch of babies running around, to love on, to grow up together – to be there for each other when they get older – but I think one will do.

The H just celebrated his 50th (yep you read that right!!) birthday.
He has two grown kids (25 and 27). My God, he could be a grandpa soon. Ha! That’s funny to even think! Point is – he’s not getting any younger.

Another issue is his health. It’s gotten progressively worse these last few years. It’s not easy for him to get around sometimes, and silly things we take for granted like running around outside or bath-time – can be hard for him. Not to mention, he is home everyday with little miss.
He’ll never say it, but I know at times it’s A LOT for him – having a toddler, and one as high maintenance as our girl, is demanding.
So…..Sophia will be our last baby. We will love her, and spoil her like MAD!

She will grow up with a big sister and a big brother that would move heaven and earth to ensure she was happy & well taken care of.
She will have cousins who she adores!! She will have a “big brother cousin” who will look out for her & protect her. And she will have two parents who think the sun rises and sets in her eyes and who love her more than all the stars in the sky.

And well, that’s ok.

No comments: