Image Map

Friday, September 26, 2008

Confessions of an un-modern woman



I have a secret......I really, really could get used to being a housewife.
Today I took a mental health day & called in sick - I've been having this nagging headache all week & this morning when the alarm went off at 5:30, the last thing I wanted to do was haul ass to New York.
No thank you.

So I emailed my boss to let her know I would be working from home. I have the vacation time & I mine as well start using it! So today I spent the day sleeping, baking, cooking and cleaning - and you know what? I really, really had a great day. I cooked dinner for the fam which is something I NEVER do a) because I suck and b) the h does it - every single night. I'm pretty lucky right?

Today I thought I'd give him a break and do all the cooking and cleaning since he SO spoils me. It wasn't anything fancy (baked chicken breasts, with whole grain rice & yummy veggies) but I felt such a sense of accomplishment & even got a few compliments that I think I might start doing it more often. I also managed to squeeze in some food shopping tonight and a two hour phone call with my sister-in-law, who really I think I could never run out of things to say.

I'm watching the debates now, playing Brandy's drinking game and ummm I have a feeling that tomorrow morning is going to be pretty rough.

No comments: