Image Map

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving (A week late)

As usual, we hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year.

Our table was short a few people, and that made for some heavy hearts and tear stained cheeks, but no doubt we were all beyond grateful to be together.


The H and I argued most of the day over how to set the table, isn't that lovely?? I swear I have the only husband on earth who cares about what china we use and when! I was upset that I didn't have more fall friendly dishes (ladies, please tell me I am not alone in this??!!!). He wanted to use "Spring" dishes. Trivial I know. Finally I gave in. Next year though, you better believe I will be getting some fall freindly tableware!

Dinner was amazing, dessert was even better. Which really who doesn't love dessert? Pumpkin & Apple Pie, Cheesecake - oh my goodness! Heaven.

After we were done dinner, I asked Sophia "What are we most thankful for" & do you know what she said? "Our family". Granted I had been working on that one for awhile, but still - what a perfect ending to a perfect night.

Here are a few family shots from the night:








This time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my most favorite time of the year, spending it with family and those you love, there is nothing that compares!! Plus I always get a little nostalgic, since we found out the night before Thanksgiving that we were pregnant (as I was in the hospital w/swine flu!). If that isn't reason enough to be thankful I don't know what is!




No comments: