Image Map

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Some updates




Has it really almost been 2 months since my last post? Holy Moly.

Things have been to put it mildly - pretty insane these last few months.
To start off - my beautiful, energetic, spunky 94 year old grandmother passed away Tuesday October 23rd. As devastating, and as crushed as I am feeling right now, I know she is in a better place; free from pain & once again with grandpa.

I miss our weekend chats, I miss hearing her stories, and watching her play with Sophia. I miss her baking, and her calling me up to say "I made chicken soup, come and get it". I even miss her yelling at me "You need to loose weight, you have too much STUFF!" If anything she was always brutally honest. I loved that about her.

One of the hardest parts of this whole thing is explaining to a two 1/2 year old that grandmom is not here. It's daunting and truthfully something I've avoided. She knows something is off, she knew that grandmom was "very sick, and resting" but still doesn't quite get it.
Everytime we leave the house she says "Let's go see grandmom, she gives you kisses". Ahhh....I just don't have the heart to tell her, grandmom is gone.

But I'm working on it. I know it's a talk I have to have sooner radther than later - I just don't know how to do it. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

In other news, we are getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, we are hosting - as usual (which I LOVE!). It'll just be 8 of us, 2 very important people missing this year, but we'll get through it - with lots of love & some great food, and maybe even a few bottles of wine. Lots of baking, and cooking and cleaning to be done today - don't you ever just wish you could snap your fingers and voila! It's done??!! This girl does. Guess I'm gonna keep dreaming!

I Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving, spent with those you love, with full bellies, and most of all lots of love and laughter.


No comments: