Image Map

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The first of many more to come

Dear Baby,
Today was me and papa's big appointment - our level 2 ultrasound. Mama didn't sleep much last night, because she was so excited but I won't fool you - it was mostly because my hips hurt & papa had the tv too loud; hopefully before you get here we'll work on that last one. After waiting almost an hour to see the sweet ultrasound technician, we were finally called back and the fun began! They measured all your organs, and checked out your heart and spine to make sure everything looked good & thank GOD, it did. Hearing your little heart beat fill up the room, was all it took & the tears didn't stop for another few hours. You were quite the party animal this morning, rolling around & dancing in mama's belly - I guess it was the cheerios I ate this morning. About a half hour into the ultrasound you must have tuckered out - you curled up in a ball and went to sleep - flipping over so your back was facing us. I think your sassy already.
In the middle of our ultrasound - you decided to "flash us" - throwing up your hands and spreading your little tiny legs, at that moment the nurse said "it's your little girl in there".
My little girl.
Of course papa said he knew all along, because well you'll later learn he's a pretty wise fella. Our baby girl. I love the way that sounds. I love that I get to be a mama to you beautiful girl. I have so many hopes and dreams for you, so much that I want for you. Mostly I want you to be happy, and healthy. I want you to know that no matter what happens in life you always have someone in your corner, someone who will love you & treasure you, someone who no matter what life may bring or how hard things get will never leave your side. My sweet baby girl.

2 comments:

michelle said...

congratulations!!!!i am so happy for you guys!! you will soon learn that there is nothing like it!!! what a wonderful ride you guys are about to go on!!

Sosiesmama721 said...

michelle - thank you!!! we are so over the moon!! i feel like i'm in a daze all day, it's honestly one of the happiest days of my life. i cannot wait to meet this little beauty & am so excited for this ride to begin :)