Image Map

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grace in Small Things 1/365

I've seen these posts floating around on the interwebs for quite some time now & decided to see exactly what all the fuss is about. So I read up this weekend, and discovered this website & the meaning behind all these posts. Schmutzie created Grace in Small Things as a daily reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook. The goal is to post 5 things your grateful for every day, for a total of 365 days.
I think this is a fabulous idea - so much of our lives are spent complaining about all the things we hate, the things that drive us crazy & the things that make our days - well a little bit longer. So dear friends. I'm gonna give it go. I've been trying to keep track of those things that make me happy & while I may not do it everyday, I'm gonna try for every other day at the least.

So here it goes:
1) Brand new glossy magazines, in bed on a lazy Sunday afternoon
2) Friends who call "just to make sure you're still alive" after a 3 day hiatus, due to your 3rd round of flu
3) T.I.'s Road to Redemption
4) Opening up the dishwasher and realizing someone actually ran it and put the dishes away
5) Laundry - washed, folded and put away

2 comments:

Elan Morgan said...

Welcome to the movement!

Sosiesmama721 said...

schmutzie - thanks! i'm really excited.