Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

This year marked my second "official" Mother's Day. It started off great with a lunch date to see Grammy Pat, who is without a doubt one of my most treasured friends - for many reasons, but mostly because of the way she loves my baby girl. Pat and I met almost 10 years ago, at work - we immediately hit it off. Girlfriend has a wicked sense of humor, and is the one person I can always count on to make me laugh until I pee my pants. She is a special gem, one of those friends that you are lucky to have. When I was pregnant with Sophia, she asked me - "Can I be Aunt Pat", without even hesitating I said "Nah, Sophia has plenty of aunts, but what she doesn't have is a Grammy - you can be Grammy Pat". And since that day she has doted on my little girl, and loved her like her own. She sends her care packages for every single holiday, and literally beams when she is around. SO needless to say we had a great lunch. Sophia was in rare form, so excited (maybe it was the french fries) at one point jumped up and screamed for the whole town to hear "OH MY GOD". Love that kid!
Later Saturday we headed out to a "Surprise" dinner date that my beautiful SD planned for me. At Chickie & Pete's! I have never been, and have always wanted to try it. She remembered! We had a great dinner, minus a now super sleepy and overtired little girl. Thank God for her papa who saved the day and took her outside to play! We were able to finish our yummy dinner in peace!
Sunday morning we woke up, and ran some errands - Target, food store - you know "the norm". Two things about Target, I can never leave there spending anything less than $100, I mean seriously - Target slays me everytime!! Also, we can't leave without a quick Starbucks treat!! A certain someone now demands a little chocky milk and nana!!!
We finished up the day at home, with a chick flick - The Vow, which I really loved at first, but the ending?? OMG. Hated it. And of course a long overdue nap. I can probably count on my fingers the number of times Sos has actually slept in her own big girl bed. Sunday was one of them. Of course, Goofy joined her. That girl goes nowhere these days without Goofy.
All in all it really was a great weekend, I got to see a great friend, and spend tons of time with my fam. I couldn't ask for anything more honestly, I love being a mama, but most of all I LOVE being Sophia's mama.

No comments: