Image Map

Friday, July 29, 2011

Days like this

Little miss was up last night from 2am-5am. Wide awake, trying to engage me in playful conversation. "What's this?" which is her new favorite thing to say, just doesn't sound so sweet at 3:30 in the morning. I was frustrated and tired - so tired!
I begged to her "Please Sophie, it's time for night-night". She didn't want to hear any of it, and finally at 5:30 she passed out. Only for mama to have to get up in a half an hour. I keep reminding myself my girl is growing up, it's not always going to be like this. Eventually we will get sleep. Eventually her teeth will all be in, and she won't be in so much pain and so irritable. Soon she will be off to school, and instead of our weekends filled with play dates, and hanging by the pool with Aunt Didi, they'll be spent chauffering her and her giddy friends to the mall or movies. When these nights feel like they'll never end, and when I think I can't possibly keep my eyes open another second, I just have to remember she's still a baby. She won't always need me like this, and when she doesn't I'll miss it, more than I can imagine.


{Finally asleep after a long night}

No comments: