Image Map

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Better late than never

WHOA! It's been awhile. Sorry friends. I wish I had a good excuse but I don't! Life has been busy and I really haven't had a whole lotta time to devote to this little corner - just thought I'd check in and say hi!! So what's new my friends?? Same ole' stuff here. Four day weekend, gotta love labor day! Is it me or am I the only one who already whipped out my fall decorations, pumpkins and scarecrows and started decorating?? God, I love this time of the year!!

So, shocker......I cooked tonight.


Dinner - I know, can you beleive it??!!
Those of you who know me, know I’m not ummm….very good in the kitchen to say the least.


I can bake like nobodies business, but - when it comes to having to cook vegetables & potatoes or rice - forget it, maybe it’s the timing of everything but truth be known I suck.

Thankfully I have an amazing, talented hubby who cooks dinner 6 out of 7 nights a week (yes, ladies - this is one of the many reasons I snagged him). That being said, I usually try to give him a break on the weekends and cook - it usually ends up in the garbage, but tonight - I got raves all around.

I made honey dijon chicken breasts, with sauteed grean beens and white rice. I found the recipe here; which is one of my new favorite blogs by the way!

Next up - chocolate chip cookies!! YUM! Tomorrow I just may try my hand at home-made meatballs, I maybe pushing it but I figured I better strike while the iron is hot!

No comments: