Image Map

Thursday, October 27, 2011

In a year

My little pumpkin has gone from this:



To this:


I still can’t believe I have a toddler. Really?? My little girl is not so little anymore, and she is learning more and more everyday.

She is now speaking in phrases “Where are you” which sounds more like
“Wa ah u” but nonetheless super cute.

When she can’t find her favorite Minnie doll (or as she calls her Mimi), she calls out “Mimi, wa ah u”. My husband said yesterday around 7:00, when I usually come home she said “Mama, wa ah u”? Is that not the cutest thing ever??!!!

Some other things she is doing now at 15 months

• Trying to dress herself, especially putting her shoes on. She gets very mad when she can't do it herself. A fit or two may occur!
• Trying to feed herself, using her spoon and fork
• Still hating bathtime, no matter how much fun I try to make it
• Sleeping through the night (HALLELUJAH!) even if it is still in our bed, I’LL TAKE IT!
• Pointing to her different body parts (eyes, ears, mouth, nose, belly) and saying what each is
• Telling us when she’s gone # 2 – does this mean we should start introducing the potty?
• She says mama, papa, paul, juice, shoes, read, “where’d it go”, “I see you” ball, night night, bath, mimi and melmo (Minnie and Elmo), down – she has quite the vocabulary already.
• Giving kisses
• Saying “BUH” when she sees me put my shoes on in the morning.
• Dancing! It’s hysterical, Sophia does what we call “the booty pop” where she bounces her butt up and down. It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen! Lately she loves anything by Maroon 5, Colbie Caliat, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Britney Spears
• When she is doing something she isn’t supposed to she comes to me and waves her finger at me and says “no, no, no”
• NO MORE PAPI! For over a month, she hasn’t asked for it or needed it. So glad that went so smooth! Now if only we could be so lucky with the bottle!
• Which she is still taking a few bottles a day, we made progress with the straw cups, and then all of a sudden she wouldn’t drink out of them. My goal is to have her completely off the bottle by the end of the year

I feel like this is such a fun age, she is constantly learning new things, and mimicking us – she is such a sponge! And turning into quite the ham.
After all these months, I finally feel like I am settling into this motherhood thing. We have our nighttime routine, and our early mornings together snuggled up on the couch, where if I’m lucky she’ll crawl into the nook between where my legs are and the couch, rest her cute little head on my legs and fall back asleep. I live for these moments. I know I’ll miss them someday when she’s 15 and wants nothing to do with me. I’ll be sure to remind her of these mornings. For now I’m soaking them all in, and enjoying every second.

No comments: